Thursday 19 December 2013

Triangle Card Tutorial from Dressy Girl Lyndsey

Hi all,

Its Lyndsey here today with my monthly tutorial post for you. Today I am going to show you how to make this gorgeous 3D Triangle Card. 


For my card I have used the fabulous image - All Dressed Up for Christmas - just perfect for that teenage girl or young lady (or young at heart like me lol!!!)

All Dressed Up For Christmas

Items
Image - All Dressed Up For Christmas
White Card
3 x pieces of patterned paper
Plain Oval Die 
Fancy Oval Die
Promarkers (colours listed below)
Flowers, Ribbon & Embellishments

Step 1 - Trim 3 pieces of Card to 14cm x 14cm

Step 2 - Score in half diagonally and fold

Step 3 - Trim 3 pieces of paper to 13cm x 13cm & trim in half Diagonally

Step 4 - Attach papers to each card base

Step 5 - Adhere the 3 panels together as shown
Panel 1 - LH side (bottom) score line going bottom left to top right
Panel 2 - RH side (bottom) score line going top left to bottom right
Panel 3 Middle (top) score line going vertically

Step 6 - Add a one side of a piece of velcro fastening to the LH panel as shown in the picture

Step 7 - Turn the card over and add the other side of a piece of velcro to the top LH corner

Step 8 - Fold the card together and stick closed with the velcro

Step 9 - Print & colour image, Die Cut out using a Plain Oval Die
Die Cut a Fancy Oval from green card

------------------------------------------
Promarker Colours
Skin - Coral, Soft Peach, Oatmeal, Blush
Hair - Burnt Sienna, Cinnamon, Tan, Satin 
Dress - Burgundy, Cardinal, Antique Pink, Dusky Rose, Budding Rose
Tree - Pine, Olive Green, Marsh Green, Moss
Presents - Raw Sienna, Caramel, Sandstone, Vanilla
Burgundy, Antique Pink, Dusky Rose, Budding Rose
---------------------------------------------

Step 10 - Adhere to the card front as shown in the picture

Step 11 - Finish off with flowers, ribbon & embellishments of your choice



Thanks for joining me here today, hope you have enjoyed my tutorial. Please do keep popping back for more fabulous inspiration from my wonderful team mates

Lyndsey xx

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic tutorial Lyndsey !!! And I ADORE how you have coloured here xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fab...gorgeous card and thanks so much for your brilliant tut. Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Stunning card may have to have a go at this one. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous design and a wonderful tutorial, Lyndsey! Thank you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant tutorial... I have to have a go at this style!! Thanks Lyndsey for sharing!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! It is so cute!!! I love how it stands up... such potential there. THANK YOU for the easy instructions for making one. I did it! And I gave credit to you (and a link to this blog post) on my blog.

    You can see it here... http://creativeplayischeaperthantherapy.blogspot.com/2014/11/popcorn-anyone.html

    ReplyDelete